Thursday, April 23, 2009

So I Begin

I have decided to review one major arcana card a day chosen at random. When I am done with the major arcana, I will move on to the court cards.
The first card I drew was of no surprise to me. It is the card that is the teacher for this year of my life, The Hermit.
Lately the Hermit is everywhere I go, there is no escaping the lessons to be learned. It is up to me to figure out what these lessons are.
For the sake of ease, I am using a Waite deck as most people are somewhat familiar with this deck. The Hermit is an elderly man with a long white beard and a gray cloak. He is hooded but his face remains in view. His face is at ease. He is not hiding from anyone or anything. He is perched on the top of a snow covered mountain. The background is the void. Nothing is visible beyond the light of the star filled lantern he is carrying in his hand. The other hand holds a staff to help him in his travels.
The Hermit can be looked upon as a teacher as well as a seeker. The lantern holds a star. As I see it, the star represents wishes fulfilled as in wishing upon a star. The Hermit shines the light from the top of the mountain as a beacon of fulfillment and knowledge. He shows the path for others to join him in his travels.
The Hermit is also alone and this represents the need to seek from within that which is needed for the spiritual self to grow and mature. There are no questions that the answer does not exists from within. That is our connection to the cosmos. All are one on the nonphysical planes.
That is all I have to say today about the Hermit. It is a great card of change, mastery and spirituality.
My interpretation of all tarot cards is intuitive. It is not to be found in a book, at least not in the whole. The tarot is a very personal thing. It speaks in different ways to each person, not unlike the Runes.

No comments:

Post a Comment