Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Confusion Is a Sign of

Confusion is a sign of old age. At least I've been told that by those younger and less confused than I am. Sometimes I believe they are right.
It's a long story. Back in 1999 I discovered the wonderful world of computers and the haven for all geeks, the Internet. I lived slept and breathed the net. It was the love of my life and what I wanted to be when I grew up. (yes, I know I can't become the internet). I knew my computer, it was a top of the line Gateway. It was Windows 98. I felt that was the number of windows that could be open at one time but I never put that theory to the test. I stopped at around 8 or 9 I think. Not matter...where was I, oh, speaking about confusion. I was net savey and a website building fool. I could even use html fairly well.
Time changes things. To make a long story much shorter, I ended up not online for a long span of time. The computer just wasn't good enough to do the things I wanted to do and I couldn't afford another one.
Here I am years later, with a new notebook that can dance circles and sing songs and whatever else I want or so the salesman told me. Trouble is, is it Vista and I know nothing. Oh I can figure some of it out, but ohhhhh, the net has changed and I can't remember how to do a cotton pickin' thing anymore.
I simply wanted to join someones network with my blog but I can't seem to figure out how that's done though many other people seem to have done it. It leaves me feeling stupid and confused. Surely that is a sign of OLD AGE.

1 comment:

  1. Things DO change. I know that you'll change too. Don't give up there old fud :o)

    ReplyDelete