Friday, April 24, 2009

One More Week

It's coming right down to the line. One more week and I will be living in my own place again. True it isn't a house, it's an apartment, but I have been homeless for 6 months now and sleeping on a sofa. A room of my own and a bed of my own sounds like heaven.
I don't care to go into the details of the whys of my current life, as it really is unimportant right now. The place I am moving to is loaded with ethnic diversity. I have seen some Africans and some Indians there as well and I expect there are Bosnian, etc. Some people might not want to live there, but I am sort of looking forward to it all as an adventure and if some of these strangers in a strange land are willing I may make myself some new friends.
I am not getting any younger and at age 62 starting my life all over again is not an easy thing to do. It seems so odd to be back to the same level in time as when I was 19. I am somewhat shaken up by it, but not discouraged. I have proven to myself, time and again that I am a survivor and adaptable. My sense of humor and strength have always gotten me through.
I am going to have that hippy crash pad that I wanted when I was young!

1 comment:

  1. You wanted a hippy crash pad when you were younger? See this works out. I wanted to move back to Concord, you wanted a Hippy crashpad. Now we can both win! We can have a hippy crashpad in Concord.

    ReplyDelete